Tuesday, August 19, 2008

#19 Discovery Web 2.0 Tools
Needless to say, the list of Award winning Web 2.0 tools is overwhelming. Though gladly, I'm familiar with most of the top picks in most of the categories. Still, other than del.icio.us, I'm a big fan of craigslist. In fact, just last night I purchased a toaster oven for $10 for a guy moving to Idaho. Craigslist is the best online garage sale/thrift store that I've found in great part because it's FREE and easy to use. The only downfall is that the buyer must beware. But actually, I think that's a good thing as the people continue to become more consumer conscious and all that goes with that. Also, as far as library application goes, just today I referred a patron there who asked for several online sources for housing. (Another option is jacksonville.com which charges $90 a week for a classified add. When I used it last year, I got zero responses.)

1 comment:

thespringfielder said...

Craigslist rocks - I refer patrons to it often for jobs, stuff they need or need to be rid of - I recently was in search of a local source for raw honey, posted my interest in the "Items wanted section" and within a day had 3 solid leads - Mmmmm - Honey goes good with Shrimp !
See ya on the Riverwalk !
thespringfielder,blogspot.com