Tuesday, August 19, 2008

#17 Playing with PBWiki
Who knew it was so easy? I've never editted a wiki before. It's really kind of exciting. Although I do have to say that there can be some etiquette challenges. Specifically, when I went in to edit the "sandbox", another user was editting, so I waited 5 minutes per the message. Five minutes later, I checked again and the same user was still in. I took the option to end their mode assuming that they forgot they were signed in. A couple of minutes later, I got an email stating that my edit had then been deleted by the person who was in for longer than 5. Needless to say, I'm annoyed and I thought it was rude. I also assume that person thinks it's rude on my part. Long story short, I followed the rules and got slapped anyway, and I'm still annoyed...

No comments: