Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Discovery #8: RSS'ssssssss
Yes, like the supposed majority, it was only recently during Staff Development Day 2008 that I got the "ah ha" on RSS's. Still, like my blog, sometime back I created a Bloglines account (which I then abandoned for del.icio.us) at http://www.bloglines.com/public/miamaya and
http://www.bloglines.com/public/libraryladylove .

UPDATE:
So, I've cleaned up the libraryladylove Bloglines because it had so much junk on it. Side note, our network connection has really slowed down in the past couple of weeks. The reduced speed makes sitting around and waiting for Bloglines to load a task for patience. Still, I've been "cooking" ideas in my head for ways to apply all of these new tools to the Teen Services. What follows are Discovery Exercise leads:

Don’t know what to blog about? Think about these questions:
What do you like about RSS and newsreaders?
How do you think you might be able to use this technology in your work or personal life?
How can libraries use RSS or take advantage of this new technology?

No comments: